- This event has passed.
Mental Health First Aid-Wait list
March 17 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm$30
Mental Health First Aid teaches you how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental illnesses and substance use disorders. This 8-hour training gives you the skills you need to reach out and provide initial support to someone who may be developing a mental health or substance use problem and help connect them to the appropriate care.
Topics of Discussion
- Common signs and symptoms of mental illness.
- Common signs and symptoms of substance use.
- How to interact with a person in crisis.
- How to connect the person with help.
- NEW: How to administer naloxone in the event of an opioid overdose.
**Fees collected will cover administrative and didactic charges by Mental Health First Aid headquarters**
Core Competencies Covered
A. Service Coordination and System Navigation
B. Advocacy, Outreach, and Engagement